Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another VERY GOOD day for the books!

Today the youngest girl child went off to have an adventure with her Nana and Papa that will keep her busy overnight and most of tomorrow as well. So the oldest girl child and I decided that since she had to stay at home (She's very loosely grounded for the time being.) we would go to dinner and have a 'Grown Up Girl's Night Out'.

Our evening began with a trip to one of her favorite restaurants, New China, for sushi and lemonade. After dinner, we decided to drive across town to one of the fabric stores so that I could check out their selection of bottom weight twill for the girls' skirts that I need to get started on for their Christmas program at school. (The selection was SAD to say the least, although I did manage to pick up several more buttons to make into charms for their bracelets and a metal craft jewelry book that I cannot wait to try to make some of the stuff in.) A quick trip to one of the craft stores in town revealed the fact that I am going to have to seriously consider looking online to buy jewelry making supplies if I want quality stuff (Aluminum filled copper wire is just not going to cut it for these projects, I need the good shit.) Then to WallyWorld for some tracing plastic for the pajama patterns I need to get started on this weekend, and a quick-ish trip to the bookstore for some fun reading materials. We decided to cap off the night with a trip to Starbucks for some Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and made our way back home.

It was such a long and busy night, but it was so much fun. I love spending time with my girls, and I am so glad that they love spending time with me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment