Monday, August 24, 2009

One of my Weekend Projects, and the Long Awaited Jewelry Photos ;)

Sooo, back to the ol' Friendly Plastic. LOL I worked with it for the first time this weekend, and found it to be an incredibly interesting product (although, I did burn my hand attempting to make a bead LOL Hot plastic + the uncoordinated = pain.) I was making these little plastic, bling-y squares to add to some Fairy Bottle charms I wanted to send in for a charm swap at A4A Here is a photo of the finished project.

I LOVED making these, and even made a couple for my girls (the swap calls for a total of 10 charms and I made 12 :) ) I would like to make some for myself, however, I am out of the little glass bottles that are required. I am thinking that I need to make a trip to the Lobby of Hobbies ;) (Yeah, right. Like I ever truly need a reason to go there LOL) Anyway, I plan to attach them to cards somehow, then slide the whole thing into a plastic zip top baggie, and mail them off to their destination in the UK. Where a lovely person will devide them amongst the participants, repackage them with the other charms, and ship them out to their new homes. :)

Now, on to the Jewelry photos!
My oldest daughter started Middle School this year and I thought she might like to have some new bling to start her year with. Her favorite color is purple and I was pressed for time, so I hit my local Wally's for some el-cheapo beads. (Look, she is only 9. There is no way I am investing some serious cash in making pretties for her when she is just as likely to lose them or break them as she is to wear them and love them.

The First thing that I did was make these 4 necklaces to match a shirt that has a British flag on the front of it. We bought it....somewhere....I don't remember where. But she fell in love with it, and it is all about the red, white, and blue. I found these beads already strung at Wally's and just thought 'I could just take them off the string they were already on and put them onto wire, adding the appropriate findings.' Literally, I think that this is the best idea since sliced bread. 'Cuz I, like many of you out there, have too many things to do and little to no time to do them in. LOL

When we were looking at beads, my dd feel completely in love with these freshwater pearls. I told her that we would go ahead and get them and I would figure out something to do with them. The assortment of toggles that I bought included this really awesome toggle that was intended specifically to be used to make a double strand bracelet and I thought that would be perfect to use with the freshwater pearls. Simple, easy, and pretty. Perfect for her! :D

As I said before, purple is her absolute FAVORITE color, so when I saw these I knew that she would LOVE to have them. The beads are finished with this satiny feeling stuff that makes them feel all silky and smooth. I basically just pulled these directly off the strand they were already strung onto and then put them right onto the wire. I decided to add a charm to both the bracelet and the necklace to add a little something special to the pieces. One says 'Hope' and the other says 'Dream'. Both good things for girls to remember. ;)

Close up of the charms.




















This was made from some leftover beads that I had from the first set of necklaces and some amethyst chips that I bought. Amethyst is her birthstone and so I thought that it would be perfect for her. It fits slightly closer to the neck than the others, although not quite choker style, and she loves it. She doesn't have anything that it matches (yet ;) ), but I am sure that she will soon enough LOL


This piece is one of my favorites. I just strung the beads as they came and added the heart shaped, glass pendant in the middle. The heart was so heavy that I had to use two strands of wire to feel comfortable with her wearing it around. She doesn't have anything that matches it either, but has made me promise that we would find something special to match it 'cuz she loves it as much as I do.




I made this a long time ago when I first learned how to make wire wrapped charms. It still fits her because I attached a several links of chain to one end and a clasp to the other, so it is adjustable. I also added a charm that says 'Love' to the end, another thing that is good for a girl to remember.

Close up of the charm.





















All in all, these were really fun to create and she loves them. We even went and bought her a special little box that she can keep them all in so that they stay fairly decent. She can't wait to wear the to school to show off what her Mama can do LOL
Isn't it great how she still thinks that I am the greatest?

No comments:

Post a Comment