Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Because I like to do nice things :D

About a week or so ago, I answered the call of a 'Friend' on A4A. She was asking if there were members that would like to volunteer to make/send something nice to her mother. She lives in New Zealand, and her mother volunteers her mailbox there so that she can get swap mail and packages and such. She has been doing it for the past year or so, and she says that her mother loves seeing all the different places from which the stuff is mailed.

I was so excited to do this for her and her mother. She is a really sweet lady, and they seem to have a wonderful relationship (kinda like me and my mother :D ) So I came up with this...


I painted a 4"X4" piece of Strathmore, cold pressed, 140 lb. (300 g/m2), watercolor paper with this awesome sunset and fence scene (the colors aren't as harsh in real life, they are softer and more mellow) using watercolors and a tiny bit of white acrylic paint. Then I printed out the saying, mounted the picture, and tied a ribbon through a couple of holes in the top.

I hope that she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely piece and you don't need the inverted commas around "friend", I know we don't really know each other, but I consider you and most of the other AFA people as my extended artistic family!

    And mum loved it too ^^ We certainly do have a close relationship (if the 2-3 phonecalls some day are anything to go by - when she doesnt' call me for 2-3 days I get worried!), and I got there once a week for dinner and to collect my mail and admire her growing collection!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete