Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Let me preface this by saying that Sundays are quite possibly my FAVORITE day of the week. Why??? Because it is the only day of the week that we are all located in one place and together for more than 5 hours at a time. (Well, except for the Man-Child. He's at work. But, he drives a truck, so he's at work all the time and that doesn't count :D)
Sadly, this only happens every other weekend out of a month, 'cuz the oldest girl visits her 'Other Family' every other weekend (and has for YEARS.) And, during this time of year, it happens ~ NEVER!
That's right. Never. Holiday time supercedes regular normal visitation time. So when the weekends fall just right, she's gone for 3 of them in a row. Which totally messes up my 'Sweet Sunday Family day' vibe.
Now, I have had multiple years to get used to this, so it doesn't piss me off it's not as annoying as it once was. And there are times when the shoe is on the other foot and she is here for 3 weekends in a row. But I don't think that I will ever be happy about it.

(And, yes, I do know that I should be very thankful that she has an extended family that cares enough about her that they want to see her for their visitation time, and I should be even more thankful that they ask for more time on top of their regularly scheduled time. And I am, I really am. But, I like routine. And this 'holiday time' messes with my routine. ROFL)

No comments:

Post a Comment